Status: Not yet started
Our towns and villages of the Kogelberg (Bettys Bay, Mooi Uitsig, Kleinmond, Pringle Bay, Hangklip and Rooiels) are popular holiday destinations for local weekenders and school holiday visitors as well as international visitors.
KVET will be assisting holidaymakers and holiday accommodation providers by equipping them with information about enjoying a responsible stay in the Kogelberg Biosphere local area including:
- Understanding Waste Management
- Tips on how to handle encounters with baboons and other wildlife
- The laws surrounding wildlife interactions (not feeding or harming the wildlife)
- Being Firewise
- Controlling Dogs
- Responsible use of beaches and trails
- Funding – For printing of information packs and flyers. More information on how to make a donation.
- For managing a database of accommodation providers (Guest Houses, B&Bs, Airbnbs etc) and making sure that they are kept stocked with information packs and flyers (especially leading up to the holiday periods).
- For assisting with setting up holiday education and awareness campaigns including fun activities for children, environmental activities such as talks, walks and workshops and Baboon Information Officers (BIOS) for information days in the village centres. To learn more or sign up to volunteer.